Leading telemedicine platform is seeking an experienced full-stack PHP/Laravel developer to join our web development team. We are a telemedicine startup that partners with employers to quickly and affordably provide medical care to employees hurt on the job. We have customers in all industries, including Chewy, Comfort Systems USA, Unilever, Owens Corning and more.
The developer will be responsible for collaboratively designing, building and maintaining our management platform, as well as additional features and products as we grow. The ability to coordinate with other team members managing our existing web and mobile app software is very important.
This isn’t just a CRUD app! Our roadmap includes live P2P web video via WebRTC, deeper data analytics & ML, integrating with 3rd party or employer systems and providing long-term educational material through our platform.
You will be part of a collaborative, all-remote team that includes other developers, medical professionals and athletic trainers, sales and support staff. We are a very flat organization and you will be invited and encouraged to participate in cross-team projects and decision-making regularly.
We are not looking for ninjas or rockstars. It is much more important to us that our developers are good communicators, consistent, and honest about timelines and deliverables. Our product is not software – it is a comprehensive service, and the ability to work closely with other team members is vital to make sure the software we build supports the mission.
- Collaboratively design secure and user friendly software systems
- Implement, test, and deploy regression-free releases on a regular schedule
- Work with other team members to explore and plan our roadmap
- Provide production support and emergency bug-fixes as needed
- Regular server maintenance, security reviews and infrastructure updates – working with operations specialists as needed
- 3-5+ years working with Laravel and PHP, with examples of non-trivial software currently in production
- Comprehensive understanding of Laravel’s design and internal workings
- Some experience with Vue.js as well as other front-end JS frameworks is ideal – we are flexible about going different directions on the front-end with the right plan
- Competent with CSS, HTML and Vanilla JS
- Significant, demonstrable experience with MySQL and understanding of database design fundamentals
- Solid experience with Git version control
- Comfortable with day-to-day linux server management
- Basic knowledge of AWS services (VPCs, Firewalls, SES, S3, etc)
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
We understand the right candidate may not have all of those requirements, and believe that attitude and a commitment to quality trump any specific technical skill that can be learned. If you are concerned about a specific weak spot in the requirements please do not hesitate to apply, just let us know what you’re worried about and we will discuss. Our team stretches its limits and comfort zone all the time, learning on the job is expected.
Candidates can expect a thorough interview process and some discussion & evaluation of existing work or theoretical problems. We don’t do on-the-spot whiteboard tests but we do want to learn more about how you think and approach problems.